What have we done to the world? We, my generation, two before and one after. Regardless of who is to be blamed more. When I was a kid, in the 1970s and the 1980s, we could really sing this song. We had snow at least 3 months a year, at least one month in a continuum, and we could build the snowman without a problem. We even had coal to make his eyes and buttons. Wood branches for hands. We had it all.
And then our fathers and later we screwed a global climate, wounded dear Mother Earth, left it ruined for our kids. No matter that I was green, that I dedicated almost 25 years of my life to organic agriculture (until some bad people took it from me), I see that my kids don't have anything from this children song.
Winters now are snowless, or with very little snow, so my kids can barely make even the smallest snowman. They don't have coal anymore (maybe they did see it when the barbecue was made) and don't even think that they could use it for eyes or buttons. We robed our kids of joy. Every winter when we had snow for a few days, I would take them to walk in snow deep as they can. To jump in snow, roll, make snow angels. Now, I can't even do this as my kids are taken from me.
We messed climate, so kids can't be kids anymore, and with all technology, we are taking from them even a chance to enjoy in nature. Willingly or not, we are turning them to couch potatoes. And it turns me to be very sad as I failed to protect nature so that my kids can have snow for a month at least and make as many snowmen as they can and want. Didn't we all fail them? And Frosty the Snowman will only become a legend that the elderly talked about in so many places on our beautiful planet.
To finish this sad story a bit positive. Let us all pray for rain in Australia.