I was lucky to watch a nice video of a highly spiritual but also crazy funny man called Sadhguru. I won't write to you about him, as you can easily find about him everything you want on the Internet.
What I want to talk about is the secret of joy. I have been practicing this throughout my life (not constantly, unfortunately) and somehow I seem to practice it more here in Ireland than anywhere else.
But let's return to the story. Sadhguru was telling about famous philosopher Lao Tzu, whom everyone who ever heard for Zen knows at least as the founder. People were asking him about the fact that every day he's joyful. What he said was so simple - "I have an option. To wake and be the miserable whole day and to wake and be joyful all day. Until this day, I have chosen to be joyful."
This is a simple but awesome truth. Everyone can make this choice. I did it many times. One of my friends even gave me a compliment that I was the most positive person he ever met. Don't know about it, I still haven't learned to take a compliment without rethinking.
Sometimes we forget this choice in the morning. Or we convince us that this is pretending. Faking. No, choosing to be happy doesn't mean that you will not be sad or mad at some moment in a day, but if you honestly choose to be happy, most of the day you will be. And more you practice it, more reasons to be happy will come into your life.
Make your choice every morning and live with you have chosen.